Dr Simeons’ 500-calorie HCG Diet Meal Plan, in a nutshell
It is imperative that the person who will be preparing the food for the dieter entirely understands the importance of strict adherence to the diet’s ingredients, as well as the consequences of cutting corners. Failure to do will have a deleterious effect on the success of the regimen.
Dr Simeons’ Diet sheet
No variations of the foodstuffs in the diet sheet are permitted, including fruit size.
|Breakfast:||Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.|
|Lunch:||One of: 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed raw from the bird.
One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
OPTIONAL: One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
|Dinner:||The same four choices as lunch|
- The juice of 1 lemon, maximum
- Salt (unlimited if sufficient water imbibed), pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc., for seasoning
- Drinks: Only tea and coffee, in any quantity, plain or mineral water (preferably 2 litres, regardless of water retention issues)
- Moderate exercise
- Cosmetics, apart from lipstick, eyebrow pencil and face powder, unless permission is granted by practitioner. One tablespoon of coconut oil per day can be used instead of moisturiser, provided that no coconut or olive oil is eaten – either eat it or apply it to your skin.
- Chewing gum, throat pastilles, vitamin pills, cough syrups, , amphetamines, etc. If in doubt, always consult practitioner
Full details and explanations can be found in Dr Simeon’s manuscript1, which the dieter would be advised to read, fully understand and adhere to rigidly, taking no shortcuts, making no substitutions or assumptions.
- 500 per day, maximum, regardless of weigh, size, age, gender or any other factor.
- Use only the leanest of meat, with no fat streaks within the flesh, so avoid low-quality meat.
Vegetarians and Hindus
- Substitute meat with half a litre of skimmed milk per day or curds thereof. Expect only half the weight loss of omnivorous dieters.
- Any deviation from the diet under HCG, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, results in almost immediate, perceptible weight gain.
Vitamins and anaemia
- Every pound of weigh lost comes directly from body fat, the burning of which actually augments any deficiencies found in the body, so improving health – not diminishing it.
Early treatment days – what to expect
- 3rd HCG dose: disinclination to binge eat due to a “full” feeling
- 4th HCG dose: several pounds’ weight loss; empty feeling but not hunger pangs; mild headache
- 5th & 6th HCG dose: minor complaints improve; weight loss doubles for those who binged during Phase 1 (preparatory phase); lighter feeling, clearer-headed, more energy
- 7th HCG dose: weight loss decreases to 1 lb per day, fluctuating according to the quantity of water imbibed and water-retention propensity; weight loss may plateau for 4-6 days which can be mitigated by “apple-a-day” mini programme (follow PDF link, at foot of page) or a “steak day” but which should necessitate a forensic hunt for errors on dieter’s part and complete self-honesty.
Unforeseen treatment interruption
- Absolutely requires immediate 800-calorie per day increase (follow PDF link at foot of page)
Sundry manifestations and frequently asked questions
Myriad conditions can occur, each uniquely attributable to the particular dieter’s physiology, state of health, weight, psychological state, lifestyle and more besides for more information on which, Dr Simeons’ manuscript should be consulted.
It is important that the dieter resists the temptation to improvise, or make assumptions based on what he feels to be logical, because HCG alters the equation in ways which he probably has not or cannot envisage. Therefore it is vital that any doubts or questions are relayed faithfully and promptly to the practitioner, who is in a far better position to understand peculiarities from a holistic and technical standpoint.
- Pounds and Inches – A New Approach to Obesity, by ATW Simeons MD (PDF)